I have a quite very good view of the in general SAP S/4HANA industry in Europe – what is heading on and what phase implementation or thought procedures are at. My pondering evolves all the time, and I am positive that it will have transformed in another several months. At the moment, having said that, it is centered on seven Ws. While I am not likely to give complete particulars listed here, I will say that the buy in which you strategy these Ws is really vital. In summary, the seven Ws are:
- Why – What is the situation for shifting to SAP S/4HANA? There are a lot of ways, tools, and benchmarks that can be used to produce a organization circumstance, but my most important studying is not just to look at what SAP is performing at the moment and the extensive-phrase, lessened value of IT connected with an SAP S/4 HANA implementation. It is value investing some time up front at the commencing of the procedure to come to a decision what you could do with SAP S/4HANA if it did extra for your small business, was a platform, brought in all the information you could dream of to operate your small business obtainable instantly, and each system worker, lover, etc. were linked to it. It’s not just utilizing SAP, it is about connecting SAP S/4HANA to new options, devices, and engineering and checking out the opportunities of making an business of the potential.
- What – From the “why” you will be able to operate out what you need when the SAP S/4HANA transformation is entire (i.e., IoT, the blockchain online courses, info lakes, and so on.). This will contain factors you may possibly not have now. You will also have to have to think about the intermediate states and what is desired on the journey to the new SAP S/4HANA platform (i.e., orchestration, MDM, and equipment this sort of as SLO, and so on.).
- HoW – Assuming you know what you have now and, from stage two know the place you are heading, you can get the job done out how to shift throughout in an strategy that minimizes danger and expense, and maximizes gains. The solution to migration is crucial. It is unlikely that any person with a elaborate estate who is transforming can do it a person step. Companies this kind of as Capgemini have produced equipment to assistance with this, earning positive all interdependencies have been accounted for and quick wins discovered. (Remember to notice that there is a W in this but it’s at the close). This will involve if you are likely brown, or greenfield. You will also select your internet hosting system (preferably cloud).
- When – Once you have the “what” and the “how,” you can do the job out the “when.” This is actually the section of the SAP S/4HANA migration scheduling that results in being more mechanical. Once more, providers this kind of as Capgemini have a powerful established of equipment to operate out how extended each individual factor will get and supply precise estimation for timing.
- Who – From the “when” and the “what” it is pretty quick to work out “who” is necessary and by “when” they are wanted. For case in point, you might have to have to produce skills in the orchestration layer and APIs right before you have to have the main SAP S/4HANA.
- The WoW outcome (the previous two Ws) – This is a new SAP S/4HANA system that presents worth, innovation, and differentiation for several years to come.
Numerous of you may perhaps dispute this technique, and as I said, it will evolve as new technologies and innovation are brought to the desk. But I do advise that you commence on the to start with a few Ws right before you say you have a clear prepare and all the time you need to go to SAP S/4HANA.
Make sure you reach out to me individually if you would like to talk about the prospect to make the WoW impact in your business.