Because IBM’s introduced intention to obtain Crimson Hat for $34 billion, Forrester analysts have received a number of inquiries about the probable acquisition. Outdoors of our previously posted ideas, we find it unwise to speculate on IBM and Crimson Hat’s upcoming programs.
That reported, Forrester has posted five Forrester Wave™ evaluations that compare current products involving the two firms in important regions. We have been culling by means of the information and imagine it is a worthwhile useful resource for customers of both of those businesses to decide exactly where redundancies may well exist.
Notice: While IBM and Pink Hat do have solutions that contend in a number of know-how segments, no item or business technique alignment plans have been produced by either vendor, and we really don’t count on them to be made publicly available for months. In the interim, if your options for 2019 incorporate assessing, piloting, tests, or implementing any of the products underneath prior to the deal’s approval and closing, we strongly advise you to check in with your IBM and Purple Hat account professionals to decide whether any merchandise advice is readily available or when it will be. Really don’t wait to get to out to both equally firms or to your analyst workforce at Forrester — we can assistance you establish whether or not or not it makes sense to slender your shortlist or adjust your evaluation requirements in any of these know-how types.
In phrases of products comparisons:
- In Randy Heffner’s “The Forrester Wave™: API Management Methods, Q4 2018,” Forrester in contrast IBM API Join with Red Hat 3scale API Management. IBM was a Leader in this Wave, even though Crimson Hat was a Contender.
- In John Rymer and Dave Bartoletti’s “The Forrester Wave™:Progress-Only General public Cloud Platforms, North The us, Q2 2018,” Forrester as opposed IBM Cloud with Purple Hat OpenShift. IBM was a Robust Performer in this Wave, although Red Hat was a Contender.
- In John Rymer and Mike Gualtieri’s “The Forrester New Wave™: Digital Decisioning Platforms, Q4 2018,” Forrester compared the IBM Automation System for Digital Business with Red Hat System Automation Supervisor. IBM was a Powerful Performer, while Purple Hat was a Challenger.
- In Dave Bartoletti and Charlie Dai’s “The Forrester New Wave™: Organization Container Platform Program Suites, Q4 2018,” Forrester in contrast IBM Cloud Non-public and Purple Hat OpenShift. Pink Hat was a Chief, even though IBM was a Strong Performer.
- In Noel Yuhanna’s “The Forrester Wave™: Company Knowledge Virtualization, Q4 2017,” Forrester in contrast IBM’s numerous Db2 and analytics offerings with Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization. IBM was a Leader, though Purple Hat was a Robust Performer.
We hope this proves to be a beneficial starting off placement for these tasked to review IBM and Crimson Hat products and solutions. As we shift ahead, Forrester will of course give assessment as additional specifics of this acquisition come to gentle.